[mou] RedBreasted Nuthatch, Mower County

RVjesse@aol.com RVjesse@aol.com
Thu, 01 Jul 2004 21:00:26 -0400

Hello:  Today, July 1st, I heard and saw a Red Breasted Nuthatch at the Austin Country Club next to the Hormel Nature Center in Mower county.  The golf course has close to 2000 assorted pine trees and attracts many of this species in the fall on peak invasion years.  This sighting goes with hearing the nuthatch a couple of times the last two weeks.  Will keep my eye out for a pair of them.
     Also somewhat unusual was a Ruddy Duck on one of the ponds today.
               Bob Jessen, Austin