[mou] thoughts on the so-called MOU "train wreck"

Michael Hendrickson smithville4@charter.net
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 16:24:40 -0500

Well it must be getting close to the dog days of summer when there nothing
to do but sit on the porch and whine about a silly state bird club.  Yes, I
am a board member and I am probably one of the most colorful, outspoken and
shoot thru the BS that some bring to the MOU board meetings.

Here's the version of how it went it went down in March that Jim failed in
bringing up.  The meeting was set for 1 pm at the Bell Museum and those that
made it to the meeting came and we sat around and visited. Jerry announce
the start of the meeting. Soon after that Jim and Jerry were having a
discussion about a quorum. Jim was trying to plead his case that the MOU
cannot have a meeting because we lacked the number of board members to have
a official meeting.

Jim than places this huge black tape recorder on top of the meeting table
and has it turned ON. Jerry reluctantly agreed to let Jim tape the meeting.
Jim didn't ask all of those present if it was okay to tape the meeting. For
me I was uncomfortable having a tape recorder taping the discussions going
on. Infact I was embarrassed for Jim for bringing a tape recorder to a bird
club meeting.  Finally many discussions were being tossed around and finally
Frani Lowe walks in and was about 20 minutes late for the meeting. We the
board were very frustrated that we came to a meeting only to be railroaded
by Jim and Frani. You see in thier opinion Jim and Frani knew that the MOU
board were having meetings without a full quorum. They could of sent a email
to all of us MOU board members making sure we showed up for the March
meeting  based on what they found out with thier lawyer friend. They decided
to not do so and they came to the meeting with thier version of Non-profit
regulations and a tape recorder. Frani threaten to walk out if we decided to
go ahead and have a meeting despite her and Jim warnings. This is where the
tape recorder comes in.  After the long discussions amongst some on the
board I cornered Jim about what I describe above and he looked angry and
said " YES Mike you can called it a bomb if you want and I tried over and
over to get people to listen to me and I decided this is the only way" I
replied, " Thanks Jim, I drove 200+ miles to be part of your game". Jim
never apologized for his actions and wasting MOU board members time and
money for the long miles that some driven to be there for the meeting, like
myself!

I than raised my hand and asked Jim " Jim what are you going to do with the
tape in the tape recorder?" Jim replies. "AWWW... I really don't know Mike"
I added, " You telling me Jim you brought a tape recorder to our meeting and
you have no idea what your going to do with the tape?"  Jim replies " Mike I
really don't know".  I added, " Jim its a easy question to answer, what are
you going to do with the tape? " Awww Mike again, I really don't know as of
yet." So I asked Jim to turn it off and I asked if others had a problem with
the tape recorder on and most everyone did and Jim decided to turn it off.
We still have no idea what the tape was used for. ( evidence to bring to the
State Attorney General Office?)

So the meeting goes on but no action was taken and we just gave our reports.

So who is the faction? Well thats easy its Frani Lowe. Why Frani? Well Frani
came to a executive meeting and had some ideas to reorganize the MOU and
nothing was done at the meeting to take her serious and she was pretty darn
upset because of that. So she decided when she was elected VP that she'll
get the MOU attention and aligned herself with Jim Williams to force a
change and do whatever it takes to make that change or changes. Jim Williams
is the second member and Jim has a long personal beef against some MOU board
members and wanted some sweet pay back and still wants it.  Whose the third
faction member?  Well if I used the words Jim used frequently in his post "
"appeared to be" or " it seemed to us" so I would say it "appears to me" the
third member is Tony Smith, MOU treasure and Terry Sav. chairman.

Probably about now you are sitting there shaking your head and wondering
what the hell is going on? Your right! Its just a state bird club and the
Jim W faction is fueled by revenge and bruised egos! Its just a state bird
club but these people want to run it like some high profile non profit
organization! These same people threaten to us that our homes are at stake!
Jerry told us in emails that his lawyers he contacted said the MOU is
running fine and were not in violations of anything.

I can't imagine the Attorney General Office having a meeting and say "you
know I always had bad thoughts about the MOU and how they run things, lets
table the cell phone company lawsuits and other lawsuits and go after this
bird club. Lets take them down!" LOL The only ones that would sue the MOU is
one of the members of the faction PURE and SIMPLE!

Also the MOU is not a private club and no one acts like they belong to a
private club. Its all about egos and people who are just recently retired
and found themsleves pretty damn bored.

I am sure at the next meeting in July there will be more egos bruised, more
whining, more threats, more my lawyer said this and that and all the other
silly BS that these people bring up. I suppose they are going to find a way
to remove me as MOU Field Trip Chair for posting this response. So be it.

Shooting thru the BS once again!

Mike H.