[mou] Where are the hummingbirds?

Byokel@aol.com Byokel@aol.com
Mon, 5 Jul 2004 11:54:18 EDT

--part1_1cd.25157183.2e1ad3aa_boundary

Has anyone else noted a lack of hummingbirds at their feeders this summer?
We had good numbers at the start of the season, but we only have one or two
still visiting.  Normally in July we have 10-20 birds visiting our 7 feeders.
Has the unseasonably cold weather resulted in mortality, or has there been
widespread nest failure and early migration.  Are birders in Southern MN noticing
an unusually early influx of southbound migrants?

Ben Yokel
Cotton, MN

--part1_1cd.25157183.2e1ad3aa_boundary

=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Has anyone else noted a lack of hum=
mingbirds at their feeders this summer?&nbsp; We had good numbers at the sta=
rt of the season, but we only have one or two still visiting.&nbsp; Normally=
 in July we have 10-20 birds visiting our 7 feeders.&nbsp; Has the unseasona=
bly cold weather resulted in mortality, or has there been widespread nest fa=
ilure and early migration.&nbsp; Are birders in Southern MN noticing an unus=
ually early influx of southbound migrants?<BR>
<BR>
Ben Yokel<BR>
Cotton, MN</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1cd.25157183.2e1ad3aa_boundary--