[mou] MOU August 21 Field Trip

Michael Hendrickson smithville4@charter.net
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 18:15:13 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C470E0.FFA00980

Hi:

Well once again its time to get people out birding!=20

There are three field trip coming up quickly. The first field trip is =
August 21. This field trip is a one day field trip around the Twin =
Cities area. We will meet at the Black Dog Park & Ride parking lot at =
7:00am. To get there drive south along I-35 over the Minnesota River and =
watch for Cliff Road exit. Take Cliff Road going east for about 1/2 mile =
or less and the parking lot is one your left side. This parking lot over =
looks part of Black Dog lake. We will bird for shorebirds and other =
birds. Last year we birded all the time at Carver County and birded =
Carver Park. We might do the same this year. Who knows if things get =
slow we always look at dragonflies and butterflies!! There is always =
something to do outside.

The next field trip is September 4th. We will meet once again at 7:00am =
at Wood Lake Nature Park parking lot. We will bird around Wood Lake, =
Bass Ponds and Old Cedar Bridge for migrants. Last year the weather =
wasn't the greatest I am holding out that this year this trip will offer =
more passerines!

The last of the three trips is on September 25th in Duluth. We will meet =
at the 40th Avenue West Perkin's Restaurant at 7:00am ( a safe time to =
remember). To get there take I-35 to Duluth and get off on the 40th Ave =
W exit and cross over I-35 and you'll see the restaurant. I am excited =
about this trip because there is a chance to see some casual and hard to =
find birds like jaegers, unusual gulls and maybe a decent flight of =
raptors will be kettling over our heads! We will bird along Park Pt, up =
along the northshore to Two Harbors, and Hawk Ridge of course.=20

After those three trips than there are two more exciting field trips and =
you should register for them now or soon. The first field trip is a =
weekend trip to Grand Marais starting in Duluth. The date is October =
16-17th. We will start in Duluth and stay a night in Grand Marais and =
head back on Sunday to Duluth. On Saturday night we will visit Bill =
Lane's Owl research study in his backyard. Last year we witnessed about =
20+ Saw Whets flying around. Bill gave a shart talk on what he does and =
why. Bill let each participant hold a owl and release it after it was =
banded. So please sign up early as I suspect the trip will fill up fast. =
There will be a small fee to give to Bill for his owl research. I will =
send more information to those who sign up.

The second trip is on November 6-7th. Once again its a weekend field =
trip to grand Marais doing the same thing. The only difference is we =
might see some early signs of winter birds like winter finches.=20

The October trip and November trip to Grand Marais are two of my =
favorites. The reason is because it might give us a chance to find a =
western stray or a eastern stray. Also I love the fall season and who =
cannot deny Sven & Ole's Pizza!!=20

So anyway you are all caught up and please let me know what trips you =
are interested in attending. Just reply back to this message or email me =
at Smithville4@charter.net

Mike Hendrickson
MOU Field Trip guy
------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C470E0.FFA00980

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Well once again its time to get people =
out birding!=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>There are three field trip coming up =
quickly. The=20
first field trip is August 21. This field trip is a one day field trip =
around=20
the Twin Cities area. We will meet at the Black Dog Park &amp; Ride =
parking lot=20
at 7:00am. To get there drive south along I-35 over the Minnesota River =
and=20
watch for Cliff Road exit. Take Cliff Road going east for about 1/2 mile =
or less=20
and the parking lot is one your left side. This parking lot over looks =
part of=20
Black Dog lake. We will bird for shorebirds and other birds. Last year =
we birded=20
all the time at Carver County and birded Carver Park. We might do the =
same this=20
year. Who knows if things get slow we always look at dragonflies and=20
butterflies!! There is always something to do outside.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The next field trip is September 4th. =
We will meet=20
once again at 7:00am at Wood Lake Nature Park parking lot. We will bird =
around=20
Wood Lake, Bass Ponds and Old Cedar Bridge for migrants. Last year the =
weather=20
wasn't the greatest I am holding out that this year this trip will offer =
more=20
passerines!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The last of the three trips is on =
September 25th in=20
Duluth. We will meet at the 40th Avenue West Perkin's Restaurant at =
7:00am ( a=20
safe time to remember). To get there take I-35 to Duluth and get off on =
the 40th=20
Ave W exit and cross over I-35 and you'll see the restaurant. I am =
excited about=20
this trip because there is a chance to see some casual and hard to find =
birds=20
like jaegers, unusual gulls and maybe&nbsp;a decent flight of raptors =
will be=20
kettling over our heads! We will bird along Park Pt, up along the =
northshore to=20
Two Harbors, and Hawk Ridge of course. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>After those three trips than there are =
two more=20
exciting field trips and you should register for them now or soon. The =
first=20
field trip is a weekend trip to Grand Marais starting in Duluth. The =
date is=20
October 16-17th. We will start in Duluth and stay a night in Grand =
Marais and=20
head back on Sunday to Duluth. On Saturday night we will visit Bill =
Lane's Owl=20
research study in his backyard. Last year we witnessed about 20+ Saw =
Whets=20
flying around. Bill gave a shart talk on what he does and why. Bill let =
each=20
participant hold a owl and release it after it was banded. So please =
sign up=20
early as I suspect the trip will fill up fast. There will be a small fee =
to give=20
to Bill for his owl research. I will send more information to those who =
sign=20
up.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The second trip is on November 6-7th. =
Once again=20
its a weekend field trip to grand Marais doing the same thing. The only=20
difference is we might see some early signs of winter birds like winter =
finches.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The October trip and November trip to =
Grand Marais=20
are two of my favorites. The reason is because it might give us a chance =
to find=20
a western stray or a eastern stray. Also I love the fall season and who =
cannot=20
deny Sven &amp; Ole's Pizza!! </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>So anyway you are all caught up and =
please let me=20
know what trips you are interested in attending. Just reply back to this =
message=20
or email me at <A=20
href=3D"mailto:Smithville4@charter.net">Smithville4@charter.net</A></FONT=
></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mike Hendrickson</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>MOU Field Trip =
guy</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C470E0.FFA00980--