[mou] Birding Western Minnesota Today

Joel Claus jclaus13@msn.com
Sat, 31 Mar 2007 21:46:45 -0500

Mark Junghans and I headed west today to look for geese despite the rain.
We ended up with 53 species and found decent numbers of geese in Grant and
Traverse counties.

Highlights:
We found Snow and Greater White-fronted geese along Hwy 27 in Grant Cty on
both sides of the town of Herman.  We encountered 4 nice flocks in Traverse
county along cty 10 w of 75, and along Hwy 75 between cty rd 10 and the
Wilkin county border.

We found a huge flock of Tundra swans along Hwy 75 just south of Traverse
County 97 that we estimated at 1200 birds plus.

2 Ross's geese mixed in with Snow Geese in Traverse Cty.
Large numbers of Canadas with a sprinkling of Cackling geese around the
Spink WPA on Hwy 54 in Grant County.
White Pelican at Mud Lake
Good numbers of ducks all over Grant and Traverse counties.