[mou] Birding Western Minnesota Today

Joel Claus jclaus13@msn.com
Sat, 31 Mar 2007 21:46:45 -0500

Mark Junghans and I headed west today to look for geese despite the rain.
We ended up with 53 species and found decent numbers of geese in Grant and
Traverse counties.

We found Snow and Greater White-fronted geese along Hwy 27 in Grant Cty on
both sides of the town of Herman.  We encountered 4 nice flocks in Traverse
county along cty 10 w of 75, and along Hwy 75 between cty rd 10 and the
Wilkin county border.

We found a huge flock of Tundra swans along Hwy 75 just south of Traverse
County 97 that we estimated at 1200 birds plus.

2 Ross's geese mixed in with Snow Geese in Traverse Cty.
Large numbers of Canadas with a sprinkling of Cackling geese around the
Spink WPA on Hwy 54 in Grant County.
White Pelican at Mud Lake
Good numbers of ducks all over Grant and Traverse counties.