[mou] RFI: Dry Tortugas

Cyndi Elias cyndielias@juno.com
Wed, 4 Apr 2007 22:48:01 GMT

Hello -

While I'm in Florida, I'd like to fit in a trip to the Dry Tortugas. =

Looks like there are a few options - the first is to go on a 3-day
birding trip.  You cover more ground, but it's definitely pricy.  A
second option is to do a day trip on one of the ferry services.  But
those look like a package deal - breakfast on the boat, lunch at Fort
Jefferson, a guided tour...we would just want to go and explore on our
own, looking at birds, maybe doing some snorkeling.  I'm hoping to find
some cheaper, less inclusive boat rides, it seems they must exist.

So for anyone who's been to the Dry Tortugas, what would you recommend?
 What did you do, and would you go that route again?  Anything else I
haven't thought of?

Thanks,
Cyndi Elias
cyndielias@juno.com