[mou] About the Metro

Steve Weston sweston2@comcast.net
Sat, 7 Apr 2007 19:29:19 -0500

Friday afternoon I found an immature Red-shouldered Hawk in Eagan by the
train crossing on Nichols Rd/ Black Dog Road.

Saturday morning was cold.  I led a bird walk at Old Cedar Bridge.  The best
bird we found was a cold and cooperative Eastern Phoebe.  Also good looks at
Hooded Mergansers and distant looks at Greater Scaup.  After everyone
retreated into their warm cars, I headed toward the west and found:
Pileated Woodpecker (pair) - very tame. observed as near as 15 feet.
both Kinglets in good numbers; many singing
Hermit Thrush
Winter Wren at second of the long board walks.  I got the best look I have
had in years.  It paused and look at me for almost a second.  Then it sang
its long luscious song.
Fox Sparrows - a flock of a half dozen or more
Swamp Sparrows

sweston2@comcast.net