[mou] Raptor Movement Over Duluth 13 April

Dave Carman dscarman at charter.net
Fri Apr 13 21:49:03 EDT 2007

After a seemingly interminable stretch of weather more like February than
April, Harold Nordin, my son, Anthony, and I sampled the raptor migration
over Duluth today, 13 April.  Birds were high and a bright blue sky until
mid-afternoon did not help spotting, but we enjoyed the following from 9-3
CST from West Skyline Parkway below Enger Tower on westerly winds:

Turkey Vulture: 36

Bald Eagle: 109 (24 ad./85 imm.)

Osprey: 1

Northern Harrier: 1

Red-tailed Hawk: 28

Rough-legged Hawk: 2

Sharp-shinned Hawk: 4

Cooper's Hawk: 1

American Kestrel: 1

A late afternoon, perhaps overly optimistic Tree Swallow rounded out the
day.

Dave Carman

Duluth, Minnesota