[mou] 4 Eurasian Collared-Doves, Blue Earth County

rdunlap at gac.edu rdunlap at gac.edu
Sat Apr 14 20:11:07 EDT 2007

This afternoon I found 4 Eurasian Collared-Doves in the town of
Mapleton in southern Blue Earth County. Two of the birds were just
north of town in a yard on the west side of Hwy. 22, while two more
were perched on the powerlines along CR 7 near its intersection with
Hwy. 22, still on the north side of town. Last fall I found one ECD in
this same area, so it seems that this is becoming a regular location
for this species.

Also had at least one Brewer's Blackbird in addition to all the Rusty
Blackbirds, cowbirds, and grackles. Usually I miss the overlap time
between Brewer's and Rusty Blackbirds, so it was a nice treat to
compare the two in close proximity.

Bob Dunlap, Nicollet County