[mou] This last weekend in Aitkin County

Warren wenelson at mlecmn.net
Sun Apr 15 21:36:37 EDT 2007

On Saturday morning, I helped with a birding group at the Rice Lake
National Wildlife Refuge and we were pretty impressed. We found well
over 100 BALD EAGLES ( we counted 68 sitting on the ice near the island
on Rice Lake). There were several CACKLING GEESE mixed in with the
hundreds of Canada Geese and the 200 to 300 TUNDRA SWANS. We also found
an early HERMIT THRUSH.
Over the weekend we found 63 species of birds. A few of the others: 2
COMMON LOONS, one SNOW GOOSE, YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKERS, BLACK-BILLED
MAGPIES and GOLDEN-CROWNED KINGLETS.   Warren Nelson