[mou] Pelicans

Mike Elling mike.elling at metc.state.mn.us
Mon Apr 16 14:07:33 EDT 2007

As the day began to warm today the White Pelicans have been lifting off
of nearby Pigs Eye Lake and moving out.  Groups of 50-100+ have been
flying off all morning starting about 8:30 or so.  I'm guessing I have
seen close to a thousand or more this morning and I haven't been
watching all that closely.  I just have happened to notice them out of
my office window.  Unfortunately, they frown on paying me to bird all
morning instead of my real job!

This has all been taking place along the Mississippi River just
downriver from downtown St. Paul, at the Metro Sewage Treatment Plant
(old Pig's Eye).  It has been quite a sight.

Mike Elling
Ramsey County
at work along the Mississippi River just downriver from downtown St.
Paul