[mou] Snow Goose - Hennepin

Howard Towle towle at mail.ahc.umn.edu
Sun Apr 15 15:27:30 EDT 2007

This Sunday morning there was a single Snow Goose in a flooded field on
the west side of Co Rd 116, just south of Co Rd 30, in western Hennepin
County. This spot is 3 miles west of I-94 exit of Co Rd 30. Being a
single bird, I checked it over pretty carefully hoping for a Ross', but
I could not make it happen.

Note - this is a busy road. Be careful if you stop. There is more room
to pull off the road on the east side.

Also seen in western Hennepin Co this morning - several Wilson's Snipe,
a single Field Sparrow (at Crow-Hassan), Horned Grebe (French Lake), a
large flock of Rusty Blackbirds, several Hermit Thrush and a single
Yellow-rumped Warbler.

Howard Towle
Golden Valley, MN