[mou] Swainson's Thrush, Nicollet County

rdunlap at gac.edu rdunlap at gac.edu
Sat Apr 21 14:35:21 EDT 2007

I have been skeptical of all the recent reports of non-Hermit
Thrushes. However, I was leading a birdwalk for the community of St.
Peter this morning and my group found a Swainson's Thrush in the
arboretum here at Gustavus Adolphus. We had excellent, prolonged looks
at the bird. This is by far the earliest date I have seen this species
in the spring...I've never seen one before May until now. Thus, now I
have to recall some of my earlier skepticism.

Bob Dunlap, Nicollet County