[mou] New migrants - Louisville Swamp - Scott County

Jason Bolish jbolish5565 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 22 14:10:12 EDT 2007

First walk ever through Louisville Swamp.  I was pleasantly surprised, great park & should be spectacular when the birds start really moving.  Thirty-five species.

** BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHERS - First of the year, Found 3 along the trail, north side of the swamp.  One singing to another, one farther West chasing bugs.
** PALM WARBLER - First of the year, one bird singing.
** BROWN THRASHER - First of the year, 4 seen and/or heard.
** FIELD SPARROW - First of the year
** YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER - Stopped counting at 90 as I turned and headed back the way I came.  Wow.
** WHITE-THROATED SPARROWS - Stopped counting at 58.
** BROWN-HEADED COWBIRDS - More than I ever cared to see in one place.  Very active.
** BLUE-WINGED TEAL - 14

Also heard Sandhill Cranes, Turkeys, Pheasants and many Ruby-Crowned Kinglets.  Great Egrets in 4 counties this weekend.

Jason