[mou] Horned Grebes Ramsey County

Gail Wieberdink wieber64 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 24 15:48:29 EDT 2007

There are 30 to 40 horned grebes on Lake Gervais in Little Canada.  We were
there around 2:00 pm this afternoon and the grebes were along the north
shore of the lake.  Lake Gervais is just off 35E at Little Canada Road.
Take Little Canada Road east, past the stop sign at Edgerton, continue
around the lake.  (Name change from Little Canada Road but the same road.)
It is probably less than a half mile east of 35E.  There are few places to
stop and very narrow shoulders so it is not an ideal place to see them,
please be careful.  If you continue around the lake toward Highway 36, you
can see the eagles at the nest on 36 and Highway 61.

Horned grebes are another life-lister for me this year -- the first of the
year was the red-necked grebe on Lake Vadnais.

Gail