[mou] carver sightings

Annette Smith anne_0266 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 12:39:16 EDT 2007

I spent a lot of time watching out the window yesterday, looking across county road 40. I saw a good mix of birds until evening.

Robins
Red-winged Blackbirds
Blue Jays
Northern Cardinals
1 Northern Flicker - the first I've seen this year
Brown-headed Cowbirds
2 Great Blue Herons - one feeding in the creek.
1 Bald Eagle
Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers
a pair of Goldfinch - a male and female
1 Crow
possible Grackles - they were deep in the brush but I could clearly see an iridescent quality about the head.
possible Tennessee Warblers but they are so small and are constantly hopping from one branch to the next.  It's hard to get a clear view of them but what I have seen seems to match the Tennessee Warbler.

Annette R
Carver, MN