[mou] birds and frogs

Steve Weston sweston2 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 26 02:51:35 EDT 2007

Tonight (Wednesday) I ran my frog & toad route in the Frontenac/Lake City
area of Goodhue Co.  I found northern leopard frogs and spring peepers in
good numbers compared to previous years.  Western chorus frog numbers were
way down.  The Whip-poor-wills have not yet returned to the valley where I
have found them for the last five years.   There were at least four Sora
Rails calling at Frontenac Lake.

Elsewhere in the Metro I am finding Turkey Vultures, Barn Swallows, and
Chipping Sparrows.  I saw my first Lesser Yellowlegs of the season in a
small pond in Medina at H. 55 and Willow.

sweston2 at comcast.net