[mou] Night birds and Frogs

Jim Ryan muchmoredoc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 13:46:58 EDT 2007

Birders,
Out doing my Frog & Toad survey monday night I saw good shorebird habitat in
the fading light along Hwy 212 in Carver county in numerous spots. One spot
was so good I had to stop.  I only had binocs and not much time but several
large shore birds were wading near Wells Rd behind an old Gas
station/restaurant that is being refurbished. Also present were two G.B.
Herons.

Out on my run in Sacred Heart, I heard a *Virginia Rail* at one of my
stops.  I can give specifics if anyone wants to try to locate it during
daylight.

As for frogs, lots of W. Chorus and Leopard frogs plus Several American
Toads!  Kinda early for toads!

--
Sincerely,

Jim Ryan
651-308-0234 cell

"A man who dares to waste an hour of time has not discovered the value of
life." - Charles Darwin