[mou] Chimney Swifts Return

Kelly northernflights at charter.net
Thu Apr 26 22:53:17 EDT 2007

Tonight, Thursday April 26th the Chimney Swifts returned to downtown
Bemidji in Beltrami county. I think the ice went off the lake today.
The maple syrup is done and I saw my first Hepatica blooming. Earlier
in the day, at our farm south of Bagley in Clearwater county, our first
White-throated Sparrows arrived along with the first Tree Swallows to
check out the new nest boxes. Last night we were serenaded by Snipe,
Woodcock, Hermit Thrush and Saw-whet Owl.

Other birds seen or heard at the farm today:

Savanna, Chipping, & Song Sparrow.
A few Dark-eyed Junco linger
Gold & Purple Finches continue by the dozens. Males of both species are
in full colour.
Wilson's Snipe, Woodcock, Killdeer, Sandhill Crane, Ruffed Grouse
Brown Creeper, both Nuthatches, Chickadees & Eastern Phoebe
Barred Owl, Northern Saw-whet Owl
C. Grackle, Red-winged Blackbird, Cowbird
Robin, Eastern Bluebird, Hermit Thrush
Blue Jay, Crow, Raven
Downy, Hairy, & Pileated Woodpecker, Northern Flicker, YB Sapsucker
Bald Eagle, American Kestrel
Common Loon

Kelly Larson
Bemidji, MN