[mou] Carolina Wren, Dakota County

Tom Nelson tomanelson at mac.com
Sat Apr 28 13:28:20 EDT 2007

Around 9:30am this morning (4/28/07), I heard and saw a Carolina Wren
in the Black Dog area.  The bird was north of Black Dog Rd, about 80
yards west of the first bridge that you encounter when driving east
on Black Dog Rd from Interstate 35W.

Just after sunrise today, I also heard a Henslow's Sparrow at another
location in Murphy-Hanrehan Park Reserve in Scott County.   I could
hear the bird from Murphy Lake Blvd, just east of its junction with
Webster Ct.

A map to the exact locations of both birds is here.

Tom Nelson
Ramsey County