[mou] Belle Plaine and Purgatory Creek

chetmeyers at visi.com chetmeyers at visi.com
Sun Apr 29 14:07:55 EDT 2007

Chet Meyers writes:

I visited the Belle Plaine sewage ponds this morning; arrived about 8:45 and
found the following: 1 Avocet, 1 Least Sandpiper, 15 Willet, 1 Wilson's
Phalarope, 6 Spotted Sandpipers, a bunch of Lesser Yellowlegs and the
ubiquitous Killdeer.  3 species arrived while I was watching. Most of them
did not stay around long as they seemed anxious to head north.  When I left most
had gone.
  Nothing much at Purgatory Creek excepet Greater Yellowlegs and, for me, FOY
Rough-winged Swallows and Forster's Terns.
Chet Meyers