[mou] Trumpeter Swans 4/28

Tasha dirthawkermn at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 21:50:42 EDT 2007

A little late, but I saw two pairs of trumpeter swans at Carlos Avery.  One of the pairs was a marked male-he had a big yellow collar marked with Z85-with an unmarked female.  I wouldn't have known the gender for sure of the unmarked bird, but they made it obvious-it IS spring-lol.  It would be pretty neat to see cygnets in a month or so:)  I also saw some greater scaup, northern shovelers, pied billed grebes, yellow-rumped warblers, a palm warbler, a yellow warbler and a blue gray gnatcatcher (I think).
Tasha