[mou] Black Dog Lake - 12/9/2007

CRAIG MANDEL EgretCMan at msn.com
Sun Dec 9 18:28:26 CST 2007

12/9/2007
2:00 - 5:00 pm

During a MRVAC field trip to Black Dog Lake in Dakota county, our group made the following observations.  There was a large flock of Common Mergansers on the East end of the lake.  There were lots of Gulls to look over, on both the East and West end of the lake.  We also saw about a dozen Trumpeter Swans and another birder pointed out a single Red-breasted Merganser on the Minnesota River. It was near the East spillway and was in with a small flock of Hooded Mergansers.

Trumpeter Swan
Red-breasted Merganser
Bald Eagle - 25+
Glaucous Gull - 2 immature and one adult

Craig Mandel
EgretCMan at msn.com<mailto:EgretCMan at msn.com>

Minnetonka, MN