[mou] snow buntings and juncos

dan&erika danerika at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 19:53:15 CST 2007

Hi All--

Gene Bauer and I came upon a flock of about a dozen Snow Buntings near
Northfield, Rice Co.  At least two smaller, darker birds flew in the flock,
birds we assumed must be Lapland Longspurs.  Despite the flock being wary, I
tried to photograph the "longspurs" since, curiously, I lack that species in
my photograph collection.  Surprisingly, the longspurs morphed into juncos
in the photos!  Gene nor I have ever seen juncos flocking with Snow
Buntings.

dan

--
Dan or Erika Tallman
Northfield, Minnesota
danerika at gmail.com

".... the best shod travel with wet feet"
"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes ...."--Thoreau