[mou] must have bird books?

Thomas Maiello thomas at angelem.com
Wed Dec 12 11:10:14 CST 2007

I am looking for a list of birding books that are simply must have for
a birder - aimed primarily on field ID.  I know there is one on gulls
and another on raptors and I know there are others.  I have seen lists
in several bird magazines but I have moved and those boxes aren't yet
open.

Please send me your recommendations so I can let others who are asking
me what I want for Christmas what to get me.  I figure you all have
tried these books and know which ones are good.

Merry Christmas!!

Thomas Maiello
Angel Environmental Management, Inc.
Maple Grove, MN