[mou] more on Peter Getman

gordon andersson gpandersson at msn.com
Wed Dec 12 20:39:52 CST 2007

just a little more

  Thanks to Bill Keitel for the eulogy he wrote last week on Dec 05.  That
was beautiful.  It got me thinking about writing something also.

  About the St Lucia parrot, I talked to Priscilla today and she remembers
him going to Grand Cayman on that trip.  I just consulted Clements “Birds of
World” and I am fairly certain that the parrot was one of the endemics of
the Lesser Antilles ---I remembered St Lucia, but I may be mistaken.  One
thing she mentioned is that he never signed any of his 100’s of mounts
(unlike study skins which are signed on the leg tag).  Also the Milwaukee
Museum work didn’t happen.

   Carrol Henderson plans to write an article later next year about Peter in
the MN Conservation Volunteer.

good birding

Gordon Andersson

St Paul, MN

(forgot my signature block late last night)

  _____