[mou] Babley Farm Report

Larson Kelly northernflights at charter.net
Thu Dec 13 15:24:03 CST 2007

Flocks of Snow Buntings, some as large as 150 or more, birds seen in
Beltrami, Clearwater and Polk counties this week.
N. Shrike, Bb Magpie and Bald Eagle seen on Trengrove Road in
Beltrami county.

At the Farm  South of Bagley:
A single White-throated Sparrow continues to linger in the brush pile.
A single Black-billed Magpie visits the deer carcasses daily along
with A. Crow, C. Raven, and D & H Woodpeckers.
Pine Grosbeaks are still hanging out at the various feeding stations.
Sometimes 3-4, sometimes a dozen or more at once. They are an
absolute treat to watch.
Goldfinch numbers remain strong. A few more Redpoll are joining the
flock. Still very few Pine Siskin.
Bc Chickadee, both Nuthatch and Blue Jay in impressive numbers.

The House Sparrows got my address sometime this week. I'll have to
set up the Cedar Valley live trap ASAP.

Kelly Larson
Bagley/Bemidji Minnesota

Eschew Obfuscation!