[mou] Twas the night before the cbc

Carl Greiner cgreiner at mchsi.com
Thu Dec 13 23:00:03 CST 2007

Dear Citizens of the State of Minnesota,
     In approximately one hour, the 102nd Minnesota Christmas Bird Count
will begin with Lee French's count in Lamberton. After Lamberton, 71 counts
will be performed across the state. That is a total of over twelve thousand
seven hundred and forty-three square miles of Minnesota being censused
(minus a little in Wisconsin and other such places). We have 5 new or
revived circles this year (Red Wing, Jackson County, Meeker County, Bluestem
Prairie/Buffalo River State Park, and Walker). As far as I know only two
counts performed last year will not be done again this year (Murray County
and Hackensack).

    What this means to you is that there will undoubtedly be a count near
you and It is not too late to join. Counts continue until January 5th. To
find a count in your area go to the map at
http://cgreiner.com/cbc/locations_map.php or if you prefer to find all the
counts on a specific date go to the calendar at
http://moumn.org/CBC/cal/calendar.php . If you can't decide which tool to
use I suggest you pick a count off of each. Of course you can also contact
me at the address/phone number/email below with any questions.

Thank You,

Carl Greiner

M.O.U CBC Coordinator
1616 Hill St. S.W.