[mou] Hybrid Hooded Merganser X Common Goldeneye

James Mattsson mattjim at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 18 17:50:40 CST 2007

Today I "almost" photographed a striking male Hooded Merganser X Common Goldeneye at the Prescott marina. It would have been a lousy picture anyway, so to see what the bird looked like, I suggest you click this link . Then scroll down close to the bottom and view the two images taken by Bill Schmoker in Nebraska. It's a dead ringer.

http://www.schmoker.org/BirdPics/DivingDucks.html

Also saw 2 Barrow's Goldeneye males from Freedom Park. But no Harlequin Duck.

Jim

James Mattsson
mattjim at earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.