[mou] golden eagle survey

joan schnabel/jeff falk joanjeff at centurytel.net
Tue Dec 18 21:12:25 CST 2007

Hi all.  I am posting this for Scott Mehus to let you know about the
4th annual golden eagle  count.  Feel free to share this with
anyone.  Scott is now  grudgingly  moving into the electronic age,
and has his own email account at the national eagle center.   You can
email him if you have any questions or wish to participate.   Hope to
see some of you on the 19th of Jan.      Joan Schnabel     Fountain City

  G o l d e n    E a g l e   S u r v e y
Join in the fun of searching for wintering Golden Eagles in the 4th.
Annual Wintering Golden Eagle Survey of the Bluffs and Coulee Region
of the Upper Mississippi River Watershed

The 2007 survey had 47 participants and tallied 51 Golden Eagles!!!!

The 2006 survey had 48 participants and tallied 29 Golden Eagles!!!

The 2005 survey had 24 participants and tallied 21 Golden Eagles!

This year’s count will take place on January 19th. 2008

All experience levels welcome!  Not sure about your Golden Eagle ID
skills, we will set you up with an experienced observer, or a pre-
learning workshop will take place before the survey.

Call or E-mail for details

Sponsored by the National Eagle Center

50 Pembroke Ave.  Wabasha, Mn.  55981

651-565-4989   Ext. 101