[mou] Harlequin Duck, Barrow's Goldeneye still at Prescott, WI

Bruce Fall bafall at umn.edu
Fri Dec 21 13:18:43 CST 2007

This morning (21 Dec., 10:30 a.m.) I saw the adult male Harlequin
Duck in the St. Croix R. between the railroad bridge and the Hwy 10
bridge in Prescott, WI, mostly near the WI shore. At 11:30 a fishing
boat was near the bridge and I could not relocate the HADU. Also, I
saw one adult male Barrow's Goldeneye in the Mississippi R. from
Freedom Park overlook (11:00); it was near the MN shore (Dakota Co.).
There were only about 200 Common Goldeneyes there, and I could not
find the second male BAGO reported by Paul Budde and others last
weekend.

Bruce A. Fall,
Minneapolis