[mou] Gray Partridge, Wabasha/Goodhue Counties

Dedrick Benz benzdedrick at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 28 13:29:17 CST 2007

I guess a number of folks have been curious where Chris Hockema and I had the Gray Partridge on the Red Wing CBC on 12/22, so here you go:
>From the north end of Lake City, take Cty Rd 5 West.
Cty Rd 5 veers off to the right.  Stay straight on 340th St.  The covey of 8 Partridge was seen on both sides of 340th St, between Cty Rd 5 and Florence Avenue.  Probably .5 miles east of Florence Avenue.  340th St. is the border between Wabasha and Goodhue Counties.  I would certainly recommend looking at GoogleMaps or Mapquest to make this all make sense.  We ran into a hunter who says he sees 'huns' (ie Hungarian or Gray Partridge) on a somewhat regular basis, but of course they are known for being hard to pin down in any one spot.
Good luck!
Dedrick Benz
Winona, MN
The best games are on Xbox 360.  Click here for a special offer on an Xbox 360 Console.