[mou] Sherbune Wildlife Refuge

jmast45042 at izoom.net jmast45042 at izoom.net
Sun Jul 1 19:48:05 CDT 2007

    Hello all

       To all that bird at the refuge I just wanted to let you know there
is still allot of bird song going on. My wife and I clean the
trails there, and had a good show for the work we did. But be
warned the woods are full of biting deer fly's, and you will need
lots of deet, but good news no wood ticks! Blue Hill is very good,
though the pines where very quite, stay away from Mohnomen just to
buggy, along with the Woodland trail on the Wildlife drive. The
Wildlife drive is fantastic, take the little Prairie trail, we saw
several sparrows and common yellow throats. I'm sure Pastor Al
could tell you more, but here is our list.

    Jim and Fawn Master
    Zimmerman
      Common Yellow throats
      Yellow Warblers
      Least and Crested Flycatchers
      Eastern Kingbird
      Eastern Wood Pewee and Phoebe
      Blue Birds
      Red Eye Vireo
      Red Tail Hawk lots of Eagles
      Trumpeter Swans
      Savannah,Clay, Chipping, and Swamp Sparrows
      Eastern Meadowlark
      Many more but I must mention Sherburne's finest the Deer Fly