[mou] Sharing the answers

Thomas Maiello thomas at angelem.com
Mon Jul 2 11:01:25 CDT 2007

I have been requested to share the answers I got to my inquiry
regarding the intent and purpose of Mou-Net and MnBird.

The response for MnBird came via an email from MnBird itself (I
assume the founders and maintainers).  They provided the following
taken in its entirety directly from their email.

--"The purpose of MnBird is to share sightings and
updates on sightings with the birding community."

"This has been our purpose since 1994 when MnBird
started. By the way, MnBird is the third such state
listserve (after OR and WA)."

We welcome descriptions of bird behavior, migration
sightings, questions, directions to hot spots and
local bird related information. We are open and
friendly.

If you have received any other information about
MnBird it is not current. Please forward such notes to
me and I can clarify any questions you may have.
Likewise any negative or harassing email we need to
know that too.

Thanks for years of contributions!

Carol and Paul Schumacher
MnBird"

carol schumacher    birdminn at yahoo.com    winona
                             www.birdminnesota.com

--

The response to my inquiry for Mou-Net came from a phone call from a
board member.  He basically said the same thing.  He said in addition

My take on all of this is that if it is related to birds, it should
be appropriate.  If I go off on ancillary topics or tangents not
directly about birds, I should probably find better outlets of my
info (and the net is filled with them).  The best news for me is to
know they will let me know when I go off target - primarily MOU-Net.

My applause, respect and appreciation to those who serve this
favorite part of the world for my use, education and edification.
You work hard and give unconditionally so others can have a richer,
fuller life.  I have to share that before I started showing my
friends birds in books and through binoculars, they have shared that
they just thought birds were all brown or black and never dove into
the beauty and uniqueness of this delightful element of nature.  Your
sites serve me by giving me a place to go to find hot birding spots
and specific birds that I can further share and perhaps enroll others
to support birds everywhere.

Praise and Gratitude.

Thomas Maiello
Angel Environmental Management, Inc.