[mou] RFI - North American Bird Guide in French

Erika Sitz esitz at goldengate.net
Mon Jul 2 20:05:18 CDT 2007

I need help in locating a good field guide that is French language
(bilingual would be wonderful, but too much to expect, I'm sure).

I tried Google. One entry, from Wikepedia, reads "Field Guide to the Birds
of North America, National Geographic Society, ... 2006 (also printed in
Spanish and French);"  Now I'm never sure on these searches what the "..."
is here.  IF that means NGS, which happens to be my favorite anyway (don't
have the newest one though), is avialable in French, then I'm set - almost.
I tried further Googling to see if I could find it somewhere to purchase and
struck out for the French version - even at Amazon.ca !!!!

Does anyone know if indeed NGS has a French version, or alternatively, know
of a good one that is similar?

Thanks,
Erika Sitz
Ramsey, north Anoka County