[mou] Varied Thrush Freeborn County

Watson, Alexander Robert alexander.watson at mnsu.edu
Wed Jul 4 10:53:39 CDT 2007

Last night on the 3rd at 5:30 pm I observed an apparent female Varied thrush at Carex W.M.A. with many robins.

Outstanding field marks included a large orange colored line through the eye and an orange "Fish Scale" pattern below the wing toward the rump in addition to the obvious thrush like character of the bird.

Follow this link to a map and directions to the bird.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=43.717163,-93.087566&spn=0.010841,0.019956&t=k&z=16&om=1&msid=112060828799945360565.00043471d7c29f4f8123d

My view only lasted for about one minute before it flew into the trees marked on the map. Be aware that the trees it flew in to are on private land.

If the link cannot be clicked paste it onto the address bar.

Alex Watson