[mou] Bobwhite replies

Diana M. Rankin dmrankin at northlc.com
Fri Jul 6 08:23:36 CDT 2007

Thank you to everyone who emailed me regarding the bobwhite I saw
yesterday a.m. I've accepted the fact that it escaaped from a nearby
farm or hunting preserve. Nonetheless, it was a delightful
experience, bringing back memories from growing up in southeast
Nebraska and for my husband of southwest Iowa. I can't understand why
anyone would raise bobwhites and then release them to sure death in
the winter. A curious thought -- might global warming and warmer
winters in MN indicate hopes for a resurgence in areas south of the
Twin Cities?

Diana Rankin
Pomroy Township, Kanabec Co.