[mou] Old Cedar Avenue Bridge Rally on Saturday

Williams, Bob BXWilliams at CBBURNET.COM
Wed Jul 11 08:59:00 CDT 2007

This is a reminder about the rally this Saturday at the Old Cedar Avenue
Bridge in Bloomington.  This is a rare opportunity for us to show our
political strength to our local, state and perhaps even federal
representatives.  They are all in a position to help to make a new
boardwalk over Long Meadow Lake in the Minnesota Valley NWR a reality.
I encourage all of you to try to be there especially at the beginning
around NOON and to bring your binoculars so that they can distinguish us
from the bikers and/or other constituent groups that will be attending.
We are anticipating a couple hundred people so parking will fill up
quickly down below.  There will be parking available at the top of the
hill at a couple of the retail areas. There should be signs and/or
volunteers directing you to those areas.  We also hope that the media
will be there so you may be asked about your views on this issue.  To
get to the Old Cedar Avenue Bridge take the new Cedar Avenue(Hwy 77) to
the Old Shakopee Road Exit(just south of the Mall of America and north
of the MN River).  Travel to the first stoplight and look for signs
directing you to parking.  For those of you coming from the north be
aware that Cedar Avenue from Minnehaha Parkway to the south end of Lake
Nokomis will be closed on Saturday for the Minneapolis Aquatennial.
Bob Williams, Bloomington