[mou] Looking for a contact

Mike Hendrickson smithville4 at charter.net
Thu Jul 12 16:33:40 CDT 2007

Hi all:

I been helping a active group of people in the Meadowlands area about putting together a Sax Zim Winter Bird Festival for February 2008.  The festival will be February 15-17th and Meadowlands will serve as the meeting place for field trips, speakers and a place to meet vendors. We will be having a silent auction where the arts community in the area will be donating their art works for this auction.  We are planning to have a Friday-Saturday night dinner with speakers and possibly a Sunday brunch put on by the volunteer Fire Dept.

I would like to meet a person who has put together birding festivals in Minnesota and ask some questions via email exchange.  So if you can please reply if you think you can answer my questions.

This festival has the possibilities of being huge!  Such bird like Sharp-tailed Grouse, Great Gray Owls, Northern Hawks Owls, Boreal Chickadees, Black-backed and N. Three-toed Woodpeckers, Gray Jays, Common & Hoary Redpolls, White-winged and Red Crossbills and host of other winter finches like Pine Grosbeaks and Evening Grosbeaks are birds we will concentrate on finding on our field trips.

So please keep the dates of February 15-17th 2008 open and I will be getting more information out ASAP on this listserve and other places.

Michael Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota
Lake Superior Boat Trips
http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/