[mou] TriCo Heron not refound

hagsela at aol.com hagsela at aol.com
Sat Jul 14 03:53:40 CDT 2007

A solo attempt Thursday July 12 followed by a group effort Friday the 13th failed to turn up the Tricolored Heron in Lac Qui Parle County.? We searched the area around the weeds in the flooded field on 211th south of Hwy 40 out of Madison.? There were Great Blue Herons and Great Egrets, DC Cormorants and the expected duck species.? A few yellowlegs and Least Sandpipers were also present.? We also tried for the Yellow-crowned Night Heron but did not see it.? Generally there was very little shorebird habitat, though our wanderings by no means constituted a thorough search of the area.

Good birding and please post if you refind either the Tricolored or Yellow-crowned!

Linda Sparling
Hennepin County