[mou] additional directions to Arctic Tern

Jim Lind jslind at frontiernet.net
Sat Jul 14 14:31:34 CDT 2007

Peder Svingen also called me with directions to the adult Arctic Tern
at Big Stone NWR in Lac Qui Parle County, although reception was poor
and I'm not sure I got all of the directions.

He said it was initially seen at 11:45 am from Ruby Red Peninsula,
which is a walk-in access only, about a mile east of County Road 15.
It was foraging along the west side of the east pool.  It is an adult
in alternate plumage, and Peder and Phil saw no other white-winged
terns at the refuge.

As far as I know, this would be one of the few inland records for
Minnesota.

Jim Lind