[mou] Bayfield / Washburn birding?

shawn conrad dingermcduff at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 29 09:37:42 CDT 2007

I will be spending a few days in Washburn, WI in early August and I'm
wondering if anyone on this listserv is familiar with the birding there.  I
have limited space for gear, but would bring a scope if it would be
worthwhile; otherwise I'd just bring binoculars.  I have a couple of birding
brochures from the area, but they are Chamber of Commerce-style so they're
more directed toward promoting local businesses and don't give much in the
way of directions or species to look for.

Are there places to scan Lake Superior or exposed flats in Bayfield or
especially Washburn?  If so, does this area host much of interest in early
August?  Thanks.

Shawn Conrad