[mou] Waseca Moorhen

Joel Claus jclaus13 at msn.com
Sun Jul 29 22:43:55 CDT 2007

Mark Junghans and I made a detour to Moonan WMA in Waseca County on our way back from the Minnesota Birding Weekend.  We were able to relocate the previously posted Common Moorhen thanks to a great spot by Mark.  The bird was at the edge of the cattails on the far side of the pond from the pulloff, and just to the left of the channel that goes back into the Marsh.

We also stopped by the Sleepy Eye Sewage ponds in Brown County and saw two Buff-breasted sandpipers along with the usual suspects.