[mou] No Hooded Warbler

Dave Bartkey screechowl at charter.net
Sat Jun 2 13:05:44 CDT 2007

Hi everyone,

  Bob Dunlap and I did some Rice County birding today but we did not hear or
see the Hooded Warbler which has been seen and/or heard by many birders
since it's discovery on May 21st. I guess it doesn't mean it isn't still
there, but we didn't get it today. We did see/hear 90 species of birds
though, which surprised me. We had a 4 empid day with Yellow-bellied
Flycatcher being the only one not heard. Other tougher birds included Veery,
Wood Thrush, Yellow-billed Cuckoo, Eastern Towhee, Cerulean and Blue-winged
Warbler, Scarlet Tanager, Grasshopper Sparrow, both Meadowlarks, Red-headed
Woodpecker, Orchard Oriole, and Dickcissel.

Good birding,

Dave Bartkey

Faribault, MN

screechowl at charter.net