[mou] Constructive information on seeing the YB Chat

Mike Hendrickson smithville4 at charter.net
Sun Jun 3 13:29:44 CDT 2007

I use tapes as do most bird guides, field trip leaders and other birders who venture in the field to view birds.  I mostly use tapes in the winter to get Boreal Chickadees out near the road but next week I will be using tapes a lot for the next week and half on warblers, sparrows and other birds when I visit Manitoba/Churchill.

Can anyone reply on this listserv any scientific papers that prove that using tapes chases birds away, ruins nesting chances, make male birds leave their territory and ect.. I would like to read any scientific papers that using recordings do in deed causes all this damage to birds.  I heard there are no papers to prove that suing bird recordings causes problems.  I would like to know for sure if there is some proof out there.

I would like to see the "Myth Busters" on cable TV work on this subject of bird recordings.

Michael Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota
Lake Superior Boat Trips
http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/