[mou] Chats and others (Dakota Cty.)

alyssa tiger150 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 10 13:04:27 CDT 2007

    Bob Dunlap and I first went to Clif Fen Park to see the chats. It was not hard to hear them (both vocalized.) One time, the male even flew on to a nearby dead stump, perfectly in the sunlight, for 10 seconds! We had a couple other good views of him, too. Also present there were 3(?) non-cooperative pairs of Bell's Vireos, a B-B Cuckoo flyby and a probable Black Tern flyby.
    Then we headed to Soburgh Waterfowl Production Area. The highlight was 3 singing Henslow's Sparrows, along with the regulars. What a hot day! Good birding~

Alyssa DeRubeis
Golden Valley
tiger150 at comcast.net