[mou] Black Rush WMA - Least and American Bitterns, No Tricolored Heron

Herb Dingmann herbdingmann at charter.net
Sun Jun 10 20:42:12 CDT 2007

I made three stops at Black Rush WMA today, with trips to Camden State
Park and other spots in Lyon County in between.  I did not find the
Tricolored Heron.
It was still a worthwhile trip, as I did see and hear at least two Least
Bitterns and also saw two American Bitterns between 7:30 and 9:30 A.M.
A Marbled Godwit also came by during my last stop around 2:00,
apparently scolding me for being on the minimum maintenance road where
it wanted to be.
At that time storm clouds were looming, and rain and hail arrived soon
after, so I left for home and did not try again later in the day when it
appears most of those who saw the Tricolored Heron were successful.

Herb Dingmann
St. Cloud