[mou] Carlton County Cerulean Warbler and Dickcissels

Williams, Bob BXWilliams at CBBURNET.COM
Fri Jun 15 15:41:52 CDT 2007

I heard a Cerulean Warbler calling repeatedly early this morning in
Carlton County, so perhaps this bird will stick around for a while.  It
was heard from Co. Rd. 103 where it crosses the North Fork of the
Nemadji River, between Co. Rd. 6 to the north and Co. Rd. 8 to the
south.  The best spot was facing east a couple hundred yards south of
the bridge where there is a break in the trees and you can see down to
the river.  The area appears to be all private land, but would be
inaccessible anyway.  In the same area I heard and/or saw Northern
Parula, Blackburnian Warbler and Canada Warbler.
Later this morning I found an excellent spot for Dickcissels in Carlton
County.  The field at the SW corner of Co. Rd. 12 and Co. Rd. 136 just
west of the town of Kettle River had more than one and further south on
the west side of Co. Rd. 136 there is a similar field with more.
Bob Williams, Bloomington