[mou] Cass County birds

shawn conrad dingermcduff at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 15 17:11:06 CDT 2007

I had a number of good sightings in Cass County today.  Highlights include:

- Least Bittern at the Winnie Ponds Management Area, previously reported by
Ben Wieland
- Nelson's Sharp-tailed Sparrow where the Boy River crosses CR 8, just south
of CR 4, previously reported by Ben Wieland
- Leconte's Sparrows at Federal Dam, Boy River, and CR 139
- American White Pelicans at Mud Lake
- 4 Black Terns mobbing a Great Blue Heron at Mud Lake

Made a cursory check in Bena for the Scissor-tailed Flycatcher but did not
find it.  I was fortunate enough to get nice looks at both sparrow species.

Shawn Conrad
http://users.2z.net/itasca_chippewa_birding/