[mou] Cass County birds
dingermcduff at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 15 17:11:06 CDT 2007
I had a number of good sightings in Cass County today. Highlights include:
- Least Bittern at the Winnie Ponds Management Area, previously reported by
- Nelson's Sharp-tailed Sparrow where the Boy River crosses CR 8, just south
of CR 4, previously reported by Ben Wieland
- Leconte's Sparrows at Federal Dam, Boy River, and CR 139
- American White Pelicans at Mud Lake
- 4 Black Terns mobbing a Great Blue Heron at Mud Lake
Made a cursory check in Bena for the Scissor-tailed Flycatcher but did not
find it. I was fortunate enough to get nice looks at both sparrow species.
Picture this share your photos and you could win big!
More information about the mou-net