[mou] Blue-winged Warbler at Itasca State Park

Eckert K R eckertkr at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 15:55:37 CDT 2007

A singing male Blue-winged Warbler was found yesterday, 17 June, by my
Minn Birding Weekends group on the Hubbard Co side of Itasca State Park
along the East Entrance Rd. A photo is posted on the MOU website's
Recently Seen page along with exact directions.

I'm not sure whether or not there are any previous records for Hubbard
Co, adjacent Clearwater Co, or Itasca State Park. The MOU website's
section on county species lists includes a 17 May 1978 record from
Hubbard Co, but that season's report of it in The Loon does not give
any details or exact location, and the county is not shown for this
species in the MOU's "County Occurrences of Minnesota Birds" booklet.
Also, there is a 12 May 1986 record cited on the MOU website for
Clearwater Co, but it is not included in that season's report in The
Loon.

Kim Eckert

(Please note new e-mail address: eckertkr at gmail.com)